Getting the cut outs ready
Paul starts by explaining the numbers, shapes and sizes of wafer paper cut outs needed and puts together the centre of the roses. There’s also some information on how to keep your wafer paper moist.
- 14 cut outs of the 3cm rose petal cutter
- 7 of each of the 4cm, 4.5cm, 5.5cm rose petal
- 30 of each of the 7.5cm rose petal cutters and 5.5cm leaf cutters
Become a member to access this plus hundreds more coursesMembership Options
- 50g white
Paints and Dusts
- Passion pink – Airbrush colouring – Sugarmill
- Forest green dust – Sugarflair
- Apple green dust – Sugarflair
- 26 gauge wires (1 pkt)
- 20 gauge wires x5
- Florist tape
- Wafer paper (A4 x 5 sheets)
- Sugar glue (Paul used a vanilla extract and water)
- Small (0) Paintbrush
- Medium dusting brush
- Rose petal cutters (3cm, 4cm, 4.5cm, 5.5cm, 7.5cm)
- Leaf cutter 5.5cm
- Wire Cutters
- Scissors (straight and serrated)
- Spray bottle
Learn how to make a David Austin rose out of wafer paper...
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to make an incredible David Austin rose out of wafer paper. Perfect for wedding cakes, anniversary cakes, celebratory cakes and much more. This is a beautiful technique to add to your cake decorating arsenal.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to...
- Colour edible flowers using a spray bottle
- Condition wafer paper
- Wire petals
- Use edible dust
- and much, much more
Who knows? You may even end up featured in one of our monthly members' cake showcase.