Skill Level: Advanced
HD Lessons: 12
Decoration Time: 2 Days
Become a member to access this plus hundreds more coursesMembership Options
- 8” Round by 5” deep chocolate cake (or 2x 2.5″)
- 7” Round by 5” deep chocolate cake (or 2x 2.5″)
- 5” Half dome cakes x 2 (to make a round ball of cake for head)
- 700g Dark chocolate ganache
Cake Card and Drums
- 10” Round cake drum
- 2kg White sugarpaste
- 200g White modelling chocolate
Paints and Dusts
- Dinky Doodle Airbrush Paints (Alcohol Based)
- Strawberry Pro Gel by rainbow dust
- Confectioners glaze
- 1 dowelling stick or skewer
Need to covert?
- Cranked palette knife
- Sharp cutting knife
- Serrated knife
- Dresden tool
- Stitch effect tool
- Rolling pin
- Kitchen roll
In this tutorial, Zoe Fox shows us how to make a Persian cat cake that's absolutely adorable and pretty tasty too!
Watch this tutorial to learn how to create a wood effect cake board, carve cake, build up features with modelling chocolate, cover awkward shapes, airbrush work and much more.
After watching this tutorial, you can use the skills you've learned to make all kinds of animals. It's perfect for an advanced cake designer or an intermediate looking for a challenge.
We'd love to see your take on Porsha the Persian - so make sure you share your photos with us on our Facebook page.