Marbling the cake
This is a great technique to learn and once you start you’ll want to use this effect on a lot of your designs as it has an amazing effect.
Paul mixes the colours and explains how to get the best results, but as always with cakes design is subjective so it’s very much down to you.
NOTE: Paul starts with the cakes already covered. If you want to see how he covers double-barreled cakes in This Lesson.
Drip effect - This doesn’t work out!
As this is all about trial and error Paul explains why he had to move to Plan B when his drip effect didn’t work out.
As a cake decorator you’ll have to change things, find better ways and sometimes things just don’t go according to plan. See the next lesson for Paul’s Plan B.
Become a member to access this plus hundreds more coursesMembership Options
- 2x 10” round
- 2x 8” round
- 2x 6” round
- 3.2 Kg dark chocolate
Cake Card and Drums
- 14” round cake drum
- 2x 10” round cake drums (temporary)
- 10” round cake card
- 2x 8” round cake cards
- 2x 6” round cake cards
- 2.5 Kg Massa ticino tropic
Paints and Dusts
- Pink progel – Rainbowdusts
- Claret progel – Rainbowdusts
- Caramel progel – Rainbowdusts
- Gold sparkle dust – Rainbow Sugarflair
- Royal gold dust – Rainbow Sugarlair
- Silver sparkle – Rainbow Sugarflair
- Radiant gold dust – Rainbow Sugarflair
- Gold sands dust – Rainbowdusts
- Passion pink Airbrush colour – Sugarmill
- 16” round mirror
- 500g of mini marshmallows
- Royal icing
- Tylo powder
- 50 & Fabulous cake topper (but of course you choose your own)
- Decorative table scatter crystals
- Cocktail sticks
- Wafer paper (12 sheets of A5)
- 20x Dowels
- Palette Knife
- Serrated Knife
- Sharp Cutting Knife
- Side Scraper
- Acetate smoother
- Large dusting brush
- No 6 paint brush
- Rolling Pin
- Large food bag
- Piping bag
- Wire cutters
Learn how to make a marble and confetti drip cake...
In this tutorial, Paul Bradford shows you how to make this marble and confetti drip cake he made for a 50th birthday!
This cake has absolutely everything! Wafer paper flowers, a multitude of colours, a drip effect, confetti and so much more. There's so much to learn in this tutorial.
In the following tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Create a drip like effect on your cakes
- Make wafer paper flowers
- Marble a cake
- and much, much more
Who knows? You may even end up featured in one of our monthly members' cake showcase.