Skill Level: Intermediate
HD Lessons: 13
Decoration Time: 1 Day
Become a member to access this plus hundreds more coursesMembership Options
- 12” Round by 3” deep chocolate cake
- 10” Round by 6” deep chocolate cake
- 8” Round by 3” deep chocolate cake
- 6” Round by 3” deep chocolate cake
- 4” Round by 6” deep chocolate cake
- 3.8kg Dark chocolate ganache
Cake Card and Drums
- 14” Round cake drum
- 3.2 kg White sugarpaste
Paints and Dusts
- Pearl white
- Silver satin
- Forget me not (blue)
- Thin jewelry wire or culpitt silver florist wire.
- AB crystals selection of sizes from 3mm to 6mm
- Pearlised silver cake lace
- Wafer paper -18cm by 14cm sheets
- Pallette knife
- Sharp cutting knife
- Serrated knife
- Men’s shaving brush
- Large powder brush
- Dresden tool
- Stitchy tool
- Plastic cake smoother
- Lace mat – Planet Fluff
- Large and small Lily cutter
A truly stunning cake that would look equally at home in a designer boutique or, as shown at Cake International, shown off in an amazing hanging crystal display stand.
Paul's design formed part of the amazing display of Wedding Gowns Through the Ages showpiece at Cake International's Alexandra Palace show in April 2017. Paul's design was inspired by Ian Stuart's famous wedding dress, shown via the Templates tab below.
In this tutorial you'll learn how to create lovely textures, make edible flowers, make crystal stamens, work with cake lace and lots more!
We'd love to see your take on the Crystal Parade - so make sure you share your photos with us on our Facebook page.