With Christmas and New Year now a distant memory and we head towards spring, many artists are busy designing and working on their 2018 cakes.
Ben Fullard has put pen to paper and given us his 2018 trend thoughts.
- Rustic is still big with wedding cakes, it looks like it is here to stay for another year, we love Ben’s bark effect
2. We’re loving the modern-minimalist look, marbling with simple clean lines for brides who think less is more.
3. Gorgeous Greenery, foliage and eucalyptus and succulents in particular with one or two token flowers, this look has been inspired by bridal bouquets says Ben. The colours of this cake are beautiful along with the painterly effect.
4. When geometry is simply stunning.
5. Metallics – Silver Leaf, Gold Leaf, Rose Gold, Lustres, this has to be one of the biggest trends ever
6. Drip cakes overflowing with sweet decadence, chocolate shards, macarons and doughnuts replace the naked cake
Watch out for more trend predictions with our next wedding report soon!