Welcome to the Cake Decorators Q&A

Thistle leaf cutter


Hi folks, have been asked to do my first wedding cake…yikes!!!! And being Scottish, have been asked for a spray of thistles and leaves, tartan ribbon etc…I cannot for the life of me find thistle leaf cutters anywhere on the internet……anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance L x

Category: asked October 16, 2013

4 Answers


Hello Mrscloudy1

I think Paul used a holly leaf cutter for his thistle, you can see it here http://www.designer-cakes.com/online-cake-decorating-courses/scottish-thistle x


I found one on eBay! But I got it last year so I’m not sure who sold it! They are like gold dust!


patchwork do a thistle cutter which you can find on ebay


you can also find thisle cutters at kitbox. Hope this helps.

The Paul Bradford Sugarcraft School

The Paul Bradford Sugarcraft School offers cake decorators of all skill levels the opportunity to learn from one of Europe’s best cake decorators plus many special guests. Through 100’s of hours of detailed online Cake Decorating video courses, attended cake decorating courses held in Linlithgow, Scotland and our community Q&A you will discover just how easy it can be to create cakes that makes people go WOW! Never before has there been an easier, more fun, or more cost effective way to learn the art of cake decorating.

About Paul

Paul’s rise to fame has seen several appearances on TV and the opportunity to make cakes for celebrities such as the Bee Gees, famous footballers  and royalty both here in the UK and Prince Albert of Monaco. More…

The Paul Bradford Sugarcraft School Copyright © 2014 The Paul Bradford Sugarcraft School. All rights reserved. Cookie Policy.